Learning Outcomes for Secondary 1
- Students have positive self-image and self-discipline and show respect for differences.
- Students are able to demonstrate self-management skills.
CCE Intent: Social-Emotional Domains
- Intent 1: Self Awareness and Management
- Intent 2: Social Awareness and Relationship Management
Knowledge, skills, attitudes and values
Self Awareness and Management
- Know that change is a part of life and apply positive coping strategies to manage it well.
- Know how to identify and manage personal strengths and weaknesses and able to construct short term goals and reflect on own learning for improvement. (Growth mindset)
- Express gratitude for what one has and to people in one’s life.
- Recognise the importance of self-regulation and self-control for personal well-being and apply positive coping strategies.
- Know the harm and consequences caused by impulsive behaviours and addictive activities,e.g. internet use, substance abuse
- Be able to recognise what is physical and psychological abuse from others and its impact, and know how to seek help.
Social Awareness and Relationship Management
- Understand the importance of and able to establish positive relationships with peers and adults.
- Takes actions to provide help to and support peers facing issues of negative peer influences (including bullying), both offline and online.
- Understands the importance of unity and harmony, appreciating and respecting differences and practicing inclusivity in a diverse society.
- Understands that there are people who are less fortunate than themselves and able to demonstrate care and compassion for others regardless of differences.
- Understands that people in a diverse society, like ours, have different life experiences and perspective.